Product Review – Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV Mild Milk
Today I want to review what I think is one of the best Japanese sunscreens on the market, Anessa Perfect UV Mild Milk, from Shiseido. As the seasons change and the weather fluctuates, people with sensitive skin often have skin problems resulting from increasing humidity, stronger UV rays, and the coming of a rainy season (as we have in Japan).
The good thing about Anessa Mild Milk is, as the name implies, its mildness, such that even babies (except newborns) and children can use it. Because it is mild, you don’t need to worry about skin irritation from everyday use, while keeping your skin protected from harmful UV rays.
Here are 11 points that I think help Mild Milk stand out from other sunscreens, and make it one of my favorites on the market.
- Additive-free: no alcohol, no preservatives, no parabens, no mineral oils, no fragrance, and no coloring. That’s a lot of no’s! But in a good way, keeping unnecessary chemicals away from your skin.
- Hypoallergenic, with carefully selected ingredients that minimize any potential allergies and irritation, making this sunscreen safe for even little kids.
- Environmental Damage Block: in this case, meaning special protection to your skin from the dust and pollution found in air.
- 50% of the active ingredients are for skincare. So this is not just a sunscreen, but also a skincare product to keep skin moisturized and beautiful. Skincare active ingredients include licorice root extract, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin for hydration.
- Aqua Booster EX technology that actually makes the UV protection stronger and more uniform with water and sweat contact. Instead of getting washed away, the UV protection retains its power even after sweating and exposure to water.
- Relatedly, Mild Milk is super waterproof; according to Shiseido, it was tested to still protect skin even after 80 minutes submerged in a water bath.
- Sand proof: unlike other sunscreens, Mild Milk does not encourage sand to stick to your skin, avoiding irritation and discomfort on sunny beach days.
- While providing SPF50 / PA++++ protection, the formulation was created to make removal easy with soap. So not only will Mild Milk stay on in the water and through sweat contact, but it’s also easy to wash away with regular soap when you get home.
- Can also be used as a make-up base, so that you can have strong UV protection everyday and still apply make-up.
- Non-comedogenic and allergy tested: this sunscreen is specifically designed not to block pores, and has been tested against the most common skin allergies.
- Milky texture that is light and easy to apply: Mild Milk spreads smoothly and doesn’t require rubbing, which makes putting it on so much more easy and comfortable than a lot of other sunscreens.
Shake the container well 7-8 times. Place a small coin sized amount on your palm, dab in 5 spots on your face (both cheeks, forehead, nose and chin). For the neck, apply a similar amount.
Use your fingers to gently spread out from the 5 spots on your face, and from bottom to top on your neck. Apply around the eyes, mouth, ears, and hairline to keep sensitive parts of your skin protected.
When applying to your body, spread it slowly and evenly, and make sure to apply it to elbows, knees, the back of your knees and thighs, and the back of your feet and hands – areas that are easy to forget and/or especially prone to UV damage.
For babies and small children, a smaller amount should be used and applied gently with both hands.
Under strong sunlight, it’s recommended to reapply every 2-3 hours to maintain protection.
So if you are looking for an effective, easy-to-use, and mild sunscreen, I would definitely recommend giving Shiseido’s Anessa Perfect UV Mild Milk a try. Allegro Japan, where I work, ships it all over the world directly from Japan. Thank you for reading, and please check out my other blog posts if you have time!